17 August 2012

Dancing for DSOG

Instagram
  First solo performance... EVER! Another milestone in my life. How the days go by...

Instagram
  Dr. Lady Vidal called Mom a few weeks ago asking if I could perform for the Davao Society of Obstetrics and Gynecology's fellowship night program. It's when all the OB-GYNs and Mid-wives of Davao get together, listen to lectures, have dinner, contests, and raffles... It's an annual activity. One of the doctors, Dr. Gina, wanted a dancer to accompany her, while she and Mr. Noel Guerra sang a duet; "In Your Eyes" by Dan Hill. Dr. Lady told them that I danced...


  Making a dance for the song was challenging. Choreographing does not really come too naturally for me, but it was easier this time, compared to dance club, because I was the only one performing... I wanted to keep it as simple as possible so that I could perform it cleanly. I learned that you really need to practice a routine full out, no matter how simple. I made the whole thing in my room so I did not have much space to do so :( This morning I had to make some changes. I was able to practice on the bigger space of our living room and found that I could not do chanee turns and pirouettes in a circular motion path, as was the original plan...



  I havn't felt as nervous as I did earlier for a looooong time... There were some speeches and opening words before our turn so by the time we started, my legs were icicles...

  I kept stumbling while dancing but hopefully no one noticed... Still not perfect though :(

  I'm inspired, inspired to perfect it and make a video... LoL. Will try to find time for that. Maybe if Mom has time to lend me The POD... Speaking of mom, she took all the pics here :D Credits to her!!!! Check her bog, k? http://betweennowandlater.blogspot.com/

With Dr. Baby and Dr. Gina
  They gave me a basket of fruits and Durian candy afterwards <3 Brought Kadayawan spirit home...

No comments:

Post a Comment