17 May 2013

My time capsule


     It was a smart thing for me to start this blog. 

     Whenever I need to look back or am having a hard time remembering something, I just open my blog and read about whatever it is I am looking for. It's my time capsule. A time capsule that recorded a part of my life, a time capsule that captured my dreams, and a time capsule that saw them fade away.
In life, we learn a lot of things the hard way. For me, I have that hard lesson written down in the form of this blog: never take in more than you can swallow, it says. I have recently abandoned this blog as a different part of my life—the ballet part of my life. The part of my life when I was younger, freer, happier, and more careless.

     I would like to say that this will be the last post I will ever make for this blog. But it will not be the last post I will ever write. Blogging about ballet and my goals gave me a skill I only thought I would acquire in the rarest of moments, a skill I had long taken for granted. Writing.

     You see, everything has a reason, through ballet, I found writing. And I was able to hone writing. Even if I quit ballet, and quit blogging for a while, I have no losses. I learned how to share my words, and most of all. how to live. I learned that one must not be too preoccupied about a future unseen and far off, because there is a present time. I quit ballet because I realized this and asked myself "If I don't enjoy dancing anymore, Will I enjoy it later?" I think this is the biggest lesson I have learned yet, and now I shall share a quote from the Dalai Lama

The Dalai Lama, when asked what surprised him most about humanity, said:“Man.Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health.And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present;the result being that he does not live in the present or the future;he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”
     So, after years of it being the point of my life, I quit ballet. And looked for something that would let me enjoy the present."

No comments:

Post a Comment