30 June 2011

My Life From Today, Onward...

Goodbye, Hip hop classes, I now turn my life into the short,
beautiful, strict life of a ballet dancer...
  Called Ballet Manila for an audition. I'm so excited to try out but, Mom and Dad say that even if I get accepted, I can't go. It's my birthday gift, to audition. 
  This audition is also waking me up, telling me that if I truly want to be a pro, I better start training. I want to be a name in the ballet world. I'm now seeking training and will start class this Saturday.
  I'm moving into a Ballet-centred school and Teacher Agnes ( my will-be ballet teacher) said that I have to go this Saturday for assessment, I'm thinking, "I will not disappoint you, I can dance!" But I know that its much more than that. I'm probably behind technically. She also said that I'm late. I'm pretty old to start serious training but I have the body and I will work as hard as I can. I will bug mom for Yoga classes and swimming on week ends. Cross-training.
  When the topic of age comes into my dreams, I always turn to Misty Copeland for inspiration. She started training at the age of thirteen after a teacher encouraged her saying she had the physique. She's now a Principal with American Ballet Theatre. But I'm not sure if she did ballet before or not...
  A dancer's life is short. Your at your peek at your late twenties and you start to go down at around 35. By Forty, you've already retired. Guest starring a little and some dancers become teachers. In five years I want to be a rising star. I hope now, that I'm not yet even begining to shine, I will not burn out...

Misty Copeland: Inspiration
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment