18 July 2011

After...

Lisa Macuja-Elizalde
BM's Artistic Director
  Came home from Manila this yesterday morning.

  On Friday, we arrived at the studio in Donada St. Pasay City at around 5:30 p.m. the studio was soooooo big! Pictures of Lisa, hung on all corners of the room... I stretched as much as I could and hoped for the best... 


  30 minutes later, class started. It' was really something else, the girls I was with were something else. It's like they would never get tired! Sky high extentions, arched feet...


  I did well, I guess, because they asked me to come back the next day for company class at 3 p.m. I was terrified. Company Class. How hard does that sound??!!


  Mr. Barroso, BM's Ballet Master, said I could join for 30 minutes on the barre, just so he could asses me. Whew! I thought he'd make me take the whole class. But he assured me it would not be difficult because the dancers just came home from Ireland. "Jetlag" he said, smiling.

  I could feel the dancers' energy during class. Their arms, legs, and head coordinated so well. Some were even smiling, emoting!

  Before class Mr. Barroso asked Mom what our plan was if I made 'the cut.' "She just wanted to try it out. It's actually our birthday gift for her"

Happy birthday meeeeeeeee!!!!! LoL

No comments:

Post a Comment